The Society for Italian Studies is committed to supporting postgraduate students working in all fields of Italian Studies. Through its activities, the Society aims to foster a strong postgraduate community, and to encourage postgraduate research by facilitating exchange between academic researchers at all career stages in the discipline of Italian Studies. The Society sponsors an annual PostgraduateColloquium, and contributes to a number of bursaries and prizes.
The Society’s Officer for Postgraduate Matters is Dr Francesca Billiani
firstname.lastname@example.org (University of Manchester)
The Society’s Postgraduate Representative is Laura Pennacchietti
email@example.com (University of Manchester).
You can find information about events of interest to the Italian Studies PG community on our Facebook page: Please feel free to join the page and give us your feedback.
General information on funding for postgraduates can be found at:
- AHRC – Arts and Humanities Research Council
- Association of Commonwealth Universities
- British Council
- British Federation of Women Graduates
- British School at Rome
- Caledonian Research Foundation
- Delmas Foundation
- IRCHSS – Irish Research Council for the Humanities and Social Sciences
- Istituto Italiano di Cultura, Dublin
- Istituto Italiano di Cultura, London
- Postgraduate Networks of Italian Studies in Scotland (PG-NOISIS)
- Scholarship Search
- Subject Centre for Languages, Linguistics and Area Studies (LLAS)