The Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) is pleased to announce the availability of bursary opportunities for Arts and Humanities academics to undertake an intensive, short course delivered by Clore Leadership.
Applications are open for the Emerging Leaders and Leadership Pulse courses which will take place in Spring 2022. The closing date for applications is 23 November 2021 at midday.
The courses offer academics a unique opportunity to develop leadership skills and competencies – appropriate to their career stage – to contribute to the vitality of the cultural sector through their research and engagement activities. Academics will engage closely with a wide range of fellow participants, professionals, and experts drawn from diverse specialisms including the visual and performing arts, film and digital media, libraries, museums, archives and heritage, and cultural policy.
AHRC will provide funding for the full course fee (fees, accommodation, meals, etc.) for two academics in the Arts and Humanities for each course. A Carer’s bursary is also available to support applicants with caring responsibilities.
Applicants must be based at a UK Research Organisation and be working in one of the AHRC’s subject domains. Applicant should have:
- 2-5 years of experience for the Emerging Leaders course.
- 5+ years of experience for the Leadership Pulse course
Experience is understood as:
- holding a PhD (or equivalent professional experience)
- an outstanding track record (appropriate to career stage) of research on the cultural sector
- being actively engaged in participating and/or supporting the development of the cultural sector in the UK
- demonstrable professional experience (appropriate to career stage) in project management and managing people/teams in a research-intensive environment
Further information about the courses, eligibility criteria, key dates, and the application process may be found on the Clore website. Please note that applications must be made directly to Clore Leadership and not the AHRC.
AHRC is keen to encourage applications from Black, Asian and ethnically diverse and/or disabled academics who are currently underrepresented in leadership positions in the sector.
For further information about the courses, please contact Clore Leadership (firstname.lastname@example.org)